Article provided by: APC Roofing Services
Commercial roofing isn't the same as residential roofing. For instance, commercial roofs, unlike residential roofs, are designed using heavy-duty material for wear and tear. This roofing style is important for protecting property and the large groups people inside. Commercial roofs are also more complex to install. That’s because the roofing materials are larger and require to be put in place by heavy and special construction equipment.
What you need, therefore, for a commercial roofing project is a top-rated, knowledgeable, and qualified roofer to help you navigate through the stress that comes with commercial roofing. Our team at APC Roofing Experts can help you. We're a fully insured company with an expansive knowledge of commercial roofing in Colombia MD. What’s more, we offer free inspections to determine whether you need a roof repair or replacement.
What is Commercial Roofing?
Commercial roofs are the materials placed on top of commercial buildings to protect the residents and property from the elements. The roofs come in a variety of materials, which are determined by factors such as the building structure, climatic conditions, and if the surface will have high foot traffic.
What Roofing Styles Can Be Used for Commercial Buildings?
Commercials roofs need to long-lasting and sturdy, either contributing to the aesthetic appeal of a building or doing nothing to detract from it. Most commercial roofs are flat. Flat commercial roofs are practical, easy to install, and also relatively inexpensive. Other roofing styles include:
- Low-Sloped Roofs – This roofing style is common in warehouses and factories. The advantage of these roofs is they allow better runoff compared to flat roofs to ensure effective drainage.
- Pitched Roofs – This style is less common in commercial buildings. Pitched roofs offer better drainage than flat roofs and low-sloped roofs. These roofs are common in warehouses and less informal offices.
Ultimately, deciding the best roofing style for a commercial structure requires advice from roofing experts such as APC Roofing.
Types of Commercial Roofing Materials
The various types of commercial roofs require different roofing materials. The material used may depend on the budget, the location of the building, and even the use of the building. Below are some of the more preferred roofing materials
- Modified Bitumen – Bitumen roofs are single-ply roofs installed by first heating the material and then rolling it onto the roof space. They are quite quick to install and offer cool roof surfaces because of their reflective nature.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) – EPDM is available in both black and white to serve in cold and warm areas, respectively. The material could be adhered to the roof surface, ballasted, or attached mechanically.
- Concrete Built-Up (BUR) – BUR contains several layers of reinforcement of Bitumen. The advantage of this type of roof is that it has a considerably longer life-span compared to EPDM.
At APC Roofing Experts, we’re ready to help you get any roofing material for your commercial building.
Where to Get the Best Commercial Roofing Services
APC Roofing Experts boasts of trained and experienced roofers who are ready to offer tailored solutions for your commercial roofing projects. In addition, our team will help you discover cost-effective ideas that you may not know about to help with your decisions. Please contact APC Roofing Services on +1 301 357 8275 to discuss your project concerning commercial roofing in Colombia, MD.Commercial Roofing Columbia Md
View Larger Map
We welcome your comments!
Follow Us To See What We've Been Doing
Catch up with us on social media and our blog, including Instagram, Facebook, and Houzz
As a Skilled Carpenter you will be part of an ambitious and hard-working team. You will play a supporting role for an established renovation and construction business directly under a Project Manager based out of South Delta. The role is physical and no two jobs are...read more