Code of Ethics
If you’d like to talk to us about a project, or anything else, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Code of Ethics
Associations We Belong To And The Ethics We Follow From Them
GVHBA CODE OF ETHICS
- Members shall comply with applicable building codes of Canada as a minimum standard for construction and shall work toward its improvement in the interests of structural sufficiency, safety and health.
- Members shall plan their sites and homes to conform to the principles of good community planning and support for the environment.
- Members shall deal justly with their employees, subcontractors, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- Members shall deal honestly and fairly with their customers and stand behind the quality of their work and service commitments.
- Members shall exchange information and experience, and encourage research on materials, technical advancements and building techniques in order to provide the best value for their customers.
- Members shall avoid all conduct or practice detrimental to the home-building industry, to the Association, to the good name or reputation of any of its members, or its customers.
- Members shall commit to continuing learning through human resource policies and practices, including employment practices which treat employees as assets.
- Members shall actively promote health and safety principles.
- Members shall treat their competitors, including their property and ideas, with respect.
RENOMARK CODE OF ETHICS
- Be a member in good standing of the Greater Vancouver Home Builders’ Association (GVHBA).
- Abide by the GVHBA Code Of Ethics
- Provide a detailed, written contract/scope of work for all jobs.
- Offer a minimum two-year warranty on all work (excludes minor home repair).
- Carry a minimum of $2 million liability insurance.
- Have coverage for workplace safety and employers’ liability and/or work only with subcontractors who carry such coverage.
- Carry applicable licenses and permits.
- Maintain a professional level of knowledge of current building codes, permit procedures, and technical skills through continuing education.
- Maintain a safe and organized worksite
- Return phone calls within two business days.